Unanswered: Client Errors with PSQL v8.7

I have tried everything I can think of to alleviate this error.

11-23-2007 10:05:27 ECAS_API 00000DF4 VERSION=5,2,0,4 DAVE E ECASAPI (1.21.1.12): Error 8509 - A timeout occurred during the initialization of MKDE

I use Accpac on the front end.

I uninstalled and reinstalled both the server and the clients (numerous times). I have about 10 workstations and they all are producing this same error. The funny thing is that it doesn't seem to be an apparent problem.

It would be nice to not see the errors however...

Provided Answers: 4
    That error in the PVSW.LOG indicates that the local PSQL engine is not starting correctly. If your application (Accpac) doesn't use the local Workgroup engine, then it's not a problem and you might be able to stop the messages by changing the "Use Local Engine" parameter in the "Access" section of the configuration settings to "Off". It defaults to "On".
    Mirtheil Software
    Certified Pervasive Developer
    Certified Pervasive Technician
    Custom Btrieve/VB development
    http://www.mirtheil.com
    I do not answer questions by email. Please post on the forum.

When I turn the local engine off I get:

11-23-2007 15:55:38 ECAS_API 00000F34 ACCPAC.EXE DAVE E ECASAPI (1.12.1.4083): Error 8505 - An initialization error occurred when trying to establish a session with the Workgroup engine
    11-23-2007 15:55:38 ECAS_API 00000F34 ACCPAC.EXE DAVE E ECASAPI (1.1.1.4083): Error 8517 - An error occurred when closing the session with the Workgroup engine

Again, there doesn't appear to be a problem. What I am a little confused on is the terminology. The errors make reference to the "workgroup engine". I know you can use a workgroup engine, but I use a server engine with a client engine...Is this different?

Thank you for your reponse.

Provided Answers: 4
    It is different. I'm wondering if the "workgroup" engine in this case is actually the "cache" engine. You might try disabling the "Cache ENgine" in the settings to see if it gets rid of the errors.
    That being said, if you are able to use Accpac without problem, I wouldn't worry about the messages.
    Mirtheil Software
    Certified Pervasive Developer
    Certified Pervasive Technician
    Custom Btrieve/VB development
    http://www.mirtheil.com
    I do not answer questions by email. Please post on the forum.

Thank you for your help.

I have the solution.

When you said that it shouldn't affect accpac I got thinking about the workgroup engine that it couldn't contact...

I changed the option for the Taget Engine to Server only....I also have turned on the local micro kernel engine (as well as the remote) and I did turn on the cache engine as it was off by default. I figured if it didn't error up, having the cache engine running would be a good thing.

Thanks,

Dave