Unanswered: Do you thinks is ideal?

Do you think combining the knowlegde of Oracle,Acess,SQL server is a good idea as a database administrator?

Provided Answers: 4
    ... and if you know how to cook, every mother would love to have you for a son-in-law.

What kind of knowledge are you talking about? How deep is it? Are you good in administering all of those databases? Do companies need an all-round expert, or do they mostly use one database? Large, but really large companies might use both Oracle and SQL Server, but - where's the point in paying lot of licencing money for different products?

I don't know, I'm an ignorant regarding all but Oracle (and I'm not particularly good at it either), so ... I'm probably not the right person to answer your question.

matman. It will always depend on what you are doing. Are you a general DB Consultant ? Some basic know-how for other DB products is ok but I recommend to fully stick on one product. From a market perspective Oracle is top and there are not many consultants on stage in these days.

Prsahe thanks for the advice i think i should settle for the Oracle side of the Data base and thanks to you all that contributed.

knowledge

The most important thing is to have the algorithmic thinking well formed and trained. You can learn and combine everything if you have a strong learn base!
    Peak Consulting - Business Intelligence Experts