Unanswered: Conditional Formatting in an "Amount" Column

Happy Thanksgiving.....

Question:

I've an Amount Column and that column is formatted as "Text" because under Amount I have both text and numbers. I think I did not have good choices (or I would have?).

I need to compare all number values to certain standard values, and when number values are higher/lower than their respective standard values I need to give them certain colors (i.e., RED or Green....).

But how do I do that? I have this values under amount in a Pivot Table.

Any suggestions, comments....? Thanks for any thought.
    Last edited by AccessCalifornia; 11-23-07 at 17:53. Reason: Spelling mistakes

Provided Answers: 59
    either use conditional formatting for that control
    or put some code in any relevant events to do the formatting.....
    in this instance Id probably suggest you use conditional formatting.. something I wouldn't normally do, if for no other reason its can be difficult to debug, its also sometimes difficult to remember what has been doen... and I find conditional formatting limiting and relatively inflexible.. but thats my view, it may not be yours

look under the format menu.. conditional formatting

Quote Originally Posted by healdem
    either use conditional formatting for that control
    or put some code in any relevant events to do the formatting.....
    in this instance Id probably suggest you use conditional formatting.. something I wouldn't normally do, if for no other reason its can be difficult to debug, its also sometimes difficult to remember what has been doen... and I find conditional formatting limiting and relatively inflexible.. but thats my view, it may not be yours

look under the format menu.. conditional formatting

Thanks for the thought.
    How about comparing a text value with a number! I mean my field item is formatted as text wich has numbers under it. Can I compare it with a number while performing conditional formatting or comparing under some if-then statements?

Provided Answers: 59
    ...so convert the text value to an explicit number
    ...or put some code in the relevant controls on format event..
    replicate the amount as a purely number control and refer to that in your conditional formatting
    ...you could do it by using the replace function

you may have to write your own function