Unanswered: Make-table queries

I'm trying to create a form that returns results of a query and then lets the user enter alternate values, such as prices, to see the differential to the bottom line. I tried creating a make-table query, which outputs the original results in table form and lets them enter other prices. I was wondering if there's any way to automate another query then on the created table so that it shows the differential with new values.

yo may need to rework your question a hair, an example would sure help me understand what you're going for.
    From what I think I see, you want to show a transaction from the past, let's say I sold 1,000 widgets. Then you want to be able to see what happens if I drop the price of a widget by 2 cents but raise shipping by 5 bucks.
    If I'm right so far, you just need to have some fields that are not connected to the control source for me to indicate the changes in (there are quite a few ways to do that, technically speaking). Then you have some fields that show the results of my changes.
    Like I said, if you can draw a picture for us or do a quick little mock up, it would be helpful.