Thread: Display Options

Unanswered: Display Options

Okay, so here's the scenario. I am working with two almost identical databases with very similar data, and I want to be able to differentiate between to the two databases at a glance when I myself am working with them, along with other users acrossed my network.

Is there any easy way to do as much?

I've done a bit of research and all that I've come up with a is a splash and startup form, which could be handy for other users, but I was looking for something more along the lines of different colors througout the whole database so even if I'm just looking at a certain table, it's easy to tell which one I'm in.

If there's a link to doing as much, paste away! I hope I'm not asking an all too common question, I tried to search for anything along the lines of what I'm trying to do and I've got nothin!

Thanks in advance for the help,

Edit: Forgot to mention, this is in accecss 2003.
    Last edited by JD3206; 11-26-07 at 14:53.

Provided Answers: 10
    The below code changes the caption of every form in your database to read "Database1"
    Dim i As Integer
    Dim frm As Form
        For i = 0 To Application.CurrentDb.Containers("Forms").Documents.Count - 1
            DoCmd.OpenForm Application.CurrentDb.Containers("Forms").Documents(i).Name, acDesign, , , acFormPropertySettings, acHidden
                Set frm = Forms(Application.CurrentDb.Containers("Forms").Documents(i).Name)
                    frm.Caption = "Database1"
                Set frm = Nothing
            DoCmd.Close acForm, Application.CurrentDb.Containers("Forms").Documents(i).Name, acSaveYes
        Next i
    Please note that you can change other properties of the form at the same time
    Home | Blog