Unanswered: Last name didn't show up on the report

Hello, i have a strange question, i have a report that retrieve first name and last name by using =[FNAME] & " " & [LNAME]. All the records except one record are have full name. But the only one only show the first name. I check the database, there is last name in the database. I don't why it didn't show up. I tried to create a new query, it didn't show the last name either. But it show seperately by [FName], [LName]. But in the field =[FNAME] & " " & [LNAME], it didn't show the full name eihter. Could you please help?
    Thanks. I tried to retype the name, it didn't work either.

possibly a special character, maybe a carriage return made it into the field. So you have the last name but when you concatinate them it says
    First Name
    Last Name

and you don't have a big enough field to check.

Could be. I don't know. I haven't figured out. The user could type special character. I created a new record with same data. It works fine. But i don't how to fix the original record. Thanks.

have you tried rekeying the name in the old record? The only other option is to write a VBA module for cleaning the data and running it. Well, the only other option that comes to mind anyway, I 'm sure someone else can think of another

I did change the name. But it still didn't show the last name. As the data is in sql server. What do you do with VBA to clean the data? Thanks.

You have to do it just like you would for incoming text. Check the string character by character for ascii values, if it's not a number, letter, space or allowable punctuation; delete or change it. It's a pain to write the first time but once you sort it out, it goes pretty easily and it's very reusable.