Information Systems Engineer "University Setting" Washington DC
HERE’S WHAT WE NEED…
An Information Systems Engineer to design, engineer, install and assist in the administration and maintenance of an educational Information Network. To manage a test facility using multi-vendor solutions for research of emerging technology and standards.
· A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering (or a related field) or an equivalent combination of training and experience is necessary.
· A minimum of five years experience in the design/engineering and installation of information network systems, to include at least two years of management experience, is necessary.
· A Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field is desirable.
· Certification as a network engineer is desirable.
This position primarily deals with operational issues and production systems in the Networking department.
Some key responsibilities would include the following:
· Monitoring of all Netcool dashboard events
· Tier-two response to network related trouble tickets and alarms
· Troubleshooting of Domain Name servers and services
· Troubleshooting of IP allocation servers and services
· Evaluating and managing of datacenter environmentals
· Generation of reporting and metrics for key operational areas
· Configuration of Network ports
· Administration of Unix (Solaris and Linux) servers
· Unix scripting
HERE’S WHAT WE’RE AFTER…
Successful candidates will possess one or more of the following:
· Cisco IOS
· Checkpoint firewalls
· UNIX (Preferably Solaris, but Linux is acceptable)
· APC equipment (for power protection or environmental monitoring)
· MicroMuse Netcool or IBM Tivoli software
For immediate consideration please e-mail a copy of your resume to email@example.com.
Sha’Ron “Ronie” Downing
Telephone: 703.564.2100 ext. 102
MySpace Professional Page: myspace.com/IRecruitITPros