Question Unanswered: Problem faced with table custareacodeexchangetimezone.

Hi,

I am facing a problem that in my database i have table custareacodeexchangetimezone, which we have neither modified nor made any entries into it. But its have some data of around 3500 rows, now i am not aware of how this data entered into this table, is there any way out with which i can find it out anything. I did a small testing where as i installed a new database and checked in it for the same tabe but there were no entries in this table. Means this table was empty at the time of installment of the database.

Quote Originally Posted by Aman Singh
    Hi,

I am facing a problem that in my database i have table custareacodeexchangetimezone, which we have neither modified nor made any entries into it. But its have some data of around 3500 rows, now i am not aware of how this data entered into this table, is there any way out with which i can find it out anything. I did a small testing where as i installed a new database and checked in it for the same tabe but there were no entries in this table. Means this table was empty at the time of installment of the database.
    You are saying its your database , but not sure about the source of database !!

a) Is this something you inherited ?
    b) Is this a canned application? i.e. external vendor provided ? if so, you can probably talk to them.
    c) Unless you have audit on this database and saved it somewhere in an archive, I doubt you can figure out where it came from.
    d) Can you look at the data and see what it is and talk to the Application folks?
    e) Do sp_depends <tablename>, it will tell you what objects depend on this table. That may give you further idea. But again, it will tell you about the objects that reference this table and not in cases if an Application uses it. In that case, you have to do a search on the application to find what may reference it. Whats the app written on?
    f) Who wrote/own the install (master copy) scripts?