Unanswered: Migrate MS SQL 2000 to Progress DB

Hi all. Newbie here with what may be a trivial question. How do I migrate an MS SQL 2000 Database (schema and data) to a Progress Database (10.1a)? We do not have DataServer so connecting to MS SQL via schema holder in Progress is not doable. Please, any suggestion will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boyong
    We do not have DataServer so connecting to MS SQL via schema holder in Progress is not doable. Thanks
    What DO you have?
    Lou
    使大吃一惊
    "Lisa, in this house, we obey the laws of thermodynamics!" - Homer Simpson
    "I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them!" - Bette Middler
    "It's a book about a Spanish guy named Manual. You should read it." - Dilbert

We have OpenEdge 10.1b and MS-SQL 2000 Personal Edition. I was able to dump the data through odbc in MS-SQL and the dump appears to be successful. But when I connect to progress db, it is empty except for the system tables. I dont like the idea of creating the schema one by one in progress and exporting the data one by one via a progress procedure.

SQLWays

I just ran accross a product called SQLWAYS from Inspirer http://www.ispirer.com/ that you may want to check out. I should be able handle the migration you're looking to do . I did a test conversion from OpenEdge to SQL server 2005 so it should also work in reverse. I have some more info if you want to email me directly at cet413@yahoo.com.
    Last edited by pbradley68; 12-22-07 at 17:08.