Red face Unanswered: Installation Problem

In the early phases of installation i get the following error message:

This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package

i did some research on the web, and i found the same error in SQL Server 2000 refers to having too many instances. In this situation, its not the case. When I narrowed the specifics down to ' sql server 2005' in my search, i'm inconclusive because all answers point in different directions.

Any suggestions?
    ================================
    RAM disk is *not* an installation procedure

Provided Answers: 6
    did it create an installation log file? if so, what does it say?
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

Oh.. now i see the problem.
    It looks for sqlrun.msi when the file i have is called sqlrun_sql.msi.
    well i tried to rename the file and reinstall, but intallation did not like that either.
    how do i point installation to the correct file?
    RAM disk is *not* an installation procedure