Unanswered: SMTP error task notification

Hi all

My DB2 Server has the name "Pythagoras" . When it tries to send out notifications for Tasks completed it send out mails with sender being "administrator@pythagoras" .

Off course no SMTP server wants to accept these because the enveloppe sender is not a known domain ...

Any suggestions on what I might do to resolve this issue ?

Thanks in advance

Thanks for all the replies :roll:

Provided Answers: 5
    This has to be fixed at the SMTP end.

Andy

Hi ArWinner

Thanks for your reply , but I do not realy agree.

The problem is that the mail send out by the DB2 DAS is not enveloppe-SFP compatible since it adds a hostname instead of the FQDN.

More and more mailservers are using the SPF to check against spamming, so I really can't go and ask all my mailproviders to change their system ...

Let's just say I would use a hotmail adres and in DB2 I add notification by email of succesfull tasks to that address. Then it's the Hotmail server that will deny the mail because the sender cannot be checked by SFP ...

Provided Answers: 5
    What I meant was that most shops probably have their own SMTP server handling all of their internal email. The email system in DB2 is designed to work with this internal email structure.

Andy

You are correct there ...

Unfortunately I'm an external consultant , so I need them externaly.

I meanwhile made a custom script wcich sends me a detailed report with a command line mail utility ;-)

Thanks