Unanswered: Selection by ASCII codes

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has any suggestions regarding creating a formula to select according to ASCII codes. I would like to pull the ASCII character 34 ("), which cannot be done via:

chr(34) in {field.name}

Any suggestions? When I searched the BO support site, I was referred to UFLTECH1.ZIP which contained the stripstring function but is no longer available.

I'm using CR 9.0 Pro.

Thanks!

Provided Answers: 10
    Take a look at the Replace function - you can swap the Char(34)'s for empty strings.
    George
    Home | Blog

Thanks, George. I appreciate the suggestion but it doesn't solve my problem. I need the entries with quotation marks to display on the report so I can export the data and script in the corrections to the source DB. I called BO who suggested the following (unsuccessful) record selection

"'" in {field.name} or '"' in {field.name}

in an attempt to call records with either a single or double quote. Crashed the report. Such a simple selection criterion, but really stumping me.

you can't write a select statement for "?

'Fraid not. Regular quotes (double) are just not recognized. I'm going to call back BO and see what they say. If it works, I'll post it here.

Provided Answers: 10
    ~Does it like the following...
    Code:
    """" in {field.name}
    //OR
    '''' in {field.name}
    ...work?
    George
    Home | Blog