Red face Help with hotel reservation system using Access

Hello everybody

I really need help with a project based on a hotels reservations system using access. I have been looking at the one on www.thenoodles.com but I dont know if it is a good enough or even a complete project. Could anyone please help me cos I just dont seem to be able to get my head around it.

I am planning to use 3 tables

booking
    customers
    rooms

Please Please Help.

nest thing to do is to develop your own data model, then you cna justify waht you have included in it and why, what you have excluded and why

but best of all whn it comes to subnmitting it to your teacher / lecturer they knwo its your work rather than soemone elses.

so over to you
    what do you think comprises the requirements for a hotel reservation system
    what entities do you see as beeing needed, what elemts do you see as neccesary to support those enitites.

if you are unsure have a look at Paul Litwins bit on relational theory

Thanks A Million But More Help Needed.

Thanks for the quick reply. I have printed the notes you have reccommended and will go over them at weekend but I hope Im not being cheeky, but could anyone help me if I listed all the Fields I intend to use in each table and what I hope the database to do. I could e-mail my plan if required. THANKS AGAIN.

mmm a hotel reservation, 3 tables... smacks of homework

we don't DO homework on this site, if you make an effort and get stuck with one or two fiddly problems the posters here generally will help out.. but they won't do it for you.

To get a response you are going to have to show that you have made an effort.

In part thats because we see the same things asked time and time again..but for you probably the most important thing to do is to learn.. and one of the betr ways is to learn by doing. learn by making a few mistakes, learn by understanding the problem and how to arrive at a solution rather than pass off someoneelse's ideas as your own.

so what do you think are the key things you need in a hotel reservation system?
    having identified those key things how do you represent that in a computer system?
    how do you model a hotel
    how do you model a booking
    what information do you need to make a booking
    what information do you need to answer a query from a possible customer (eg room availability, room standard/faciltiies
    what questions do you think a potetnail custoemr is going to ask and want answers to
    what do you think the hotel needs to know about a customer (either at the reservation or booking in stage).

So I think you need to spend this weekend thinking about thiose sort of questions
    come up with some answers, again bearing in mind the aim is to get you to do your own work.. talk to your peers or teachers, get to grips with what you actually are required to do. very often A hotel reservation assignment comes with something like at least n tables

There is a huge difference between a real live hotel reservation system and an homework system.... but you need to know the differences.. so you can justify what you have included, what you have excluded, how you go to where your model is, and what you would want to do to make it more realistic.

so over to you.....

Many Thanks Again

Thanks again for your response. I will get stuck into it over the weekend and hope to have the nitty gritty parts sorted out but I hope you dont mind my looking for advice for parts Im not too sure about.