Unanswered: Paradox 9 export to calendar program?

Is there a way to get Paradox 9 to export from 3 fields (name, date, and referral source) to some sort of calendar program so I can see my appointments on a calendar instead of a list?

> export from 3 fields (name, date, and referral source) to some sort of calendar program

are you asking if there is a calendar program that can import data?.. Paradox can export in a variety of ways..

calendar program that can import data

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Green
    > export from 3 fields (name, date, and referral source) to some sort of calendar program

are you asking if there is a calendar program that can import data?.. Paradox can export in a variety of ways..

Yes...I guess so. Whether p9 will do it somehow...or some other program will import it..matters not to me...just so long as I can see the appointments on a calendar. I would have thought the appointment program that came with wp would import...but if there's a way...I can't find it.

> Whether p9 will do it somehow...or some other program will import it..matters not to me

in Paradox, query out the three fields that you want, to an answer table.. then export the answer table data, using one of the many export format options..

but first, you need to have a program that will import the data.. the point of my original question was wondering if you had a specific target program.. in that regard, I can't help.. I don't use calendar programs, so I don't know which ones take file imports, or the formats that they use..

> I would have thought the appointment program that came with wp would import

99% of all Paradox users never touch the rest of the Suite.. we were all using Paradox long before Corel came into the picture.. maybe it does import, but I really don't know..

Paradox import

Thanks for the reply. I use p9 daily for client tracking purposes. I use it interactively. Not much of a programmer. In fact...I haven't had much practice with queries. I use selective reporting to get the data I need. I dunno what the deal is with the documentation..but it's awfully confusing. Maybe it's written for people who actually know what they're doing...and assumes a higher level of sophistication on the part of the user than most have.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Green
    > Whether p9 will do it somehow...or some other program will import it..matters not to me

in Paradox, query out the three fields that you want, to an answer table.. then export the answer table data, using one of the many export format options..

but first, you need to have a program that will import the data.. the point of my original question was wondering if you had a specific target program.. in that regard, I can't help.. I don't use calendar programs, so I don't know which ones take file imports, or the formats that they use..

> I would have thought the appointment program that came with wp would import

99% of all Paradox users never touch the rest of the Suite.. we were all using Paradox long before Corel came into the picture.. maybe it does import, but I really don't know..

Re: Paradox 9 export to calendar program?

if you have questions about queries, or about documentation in general, just ask.. that's what we're here for..
    --
    Steven Green - Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

http://www.OasisTradingPost.com

Oasis Trading Post
    - Collectibles and Memorabilia
    - Vintage Lego Sets and Supplies
    - and Paradox Support, too