Unanswered: Error While Uninstalling SQL Server in a Cluster

I am following the 2005 BOL article "How to: Remove a SQL Server 2005 Failover Clustered Instance (Setup)". The process is very simple, but perhaps the documentation is missing some steps. I am receiving the following errors during the uninstall.

The setup has encountered an unexpected error while Completing Commit. The error is: The cluster resource cannot be moved to another group because other resources are dependent on it.

If I click OK I receive the error below.

Failed to set registry settings for server network libraries. The action is SetShilohRoot. The error is 2 (The system cannot find the file specified.)

Am I supposed to do something to the cluster prior to performing the uninstall?

Thanks, Dave

Yes ... you evict the node before you do the uninstall.

-- This is all just a Figment of my Imagination --

Thanks. We're working with Microsoft on configuring the cluster since this is our first SQL Server cluster and our MS resource has already left out a few key facts. This looks like another one. To make matters worse I have a partial uninstall and now the cluster itself will not start. "network path not found".

Dave

Here is an update. I discovered the problems experienced during the uninstall appear to be the result of resource dependencies I added to the cluster. For example, drives E, F, G & H must be started before the SQL Server resource starts. I performed a second installation without assigning dependencies and then successfully uninstalled SQL Server from the cluster. Problem solved.

Thanks, Dave