Thread: Overtime

Unanswered: Overtime

Greetings!

I'm hoping someone may have come across this scenario before and can offer some help...

I am currently working on a report dealing with labor costs... I have retrieved all the data i need, however im stuck when it comes to figuring overtime...

the employees enter time data in Kronos per shift, clocking out for lunch...the entries end up as this...

emp XXX 12/01/2007 08:00am 12/01/2007 12:00pm
    emp XXX 12/01/2007 1:00pm 12/01/2007 04:30pm

Kronos keeps the total amount of time worked in seconds, so ive already converted it to hours/ minutes

I have been able to calculate each punch time, however I have to be able to account for that extra 1/2 hour of overtime, because it uses a 1.5 / hr rate.

Ive been playing with the formulas for crystal but because there are circumstances where someone will work 3 , off for an hour then work 5.5 hours, i cant simply say hrs>4 = OT ...it has to be hrs = 8 then hrs x 1.0 rate and hrs > 8 then x 1.5 rate.

what gets me stuck is that i have to tell the system to look at it per day basis, basically adding punch entries in the same day to come up with total hours....

should i group them on an individual basis?

any advise is greatly greatly appreciated!!!

thanks!

-Will

Provided Answers: 10
    Group entries by day, then take the sum of the hours worked per day and apply your formula.
    George
    Home | Blog

Quote Originally Posted by georgev
    Group entries by day, then take the sum of the hours worked per day and apply your formula.

I will give that a shot!

thanks!