Thread: -805 at COMMIT

Question Unanswered: -805 at COMMIT

I'm running DB2 V8 on zOS in a batch environment. After inserting a few rows I get an -805 when I try to COMMIT. My monitor tells me that the program involved is the one I expect but without the first letter (!!!!). The consistency token not found is greater than expected (not even a package just bound would have such a large contoken). TIA.

anyone can help him???

Jena, Germany
    Yes, why not. But how about some details on the scenario like:
    - which DB2 version is running
    - which SQL statements are running in the transaction
    - how exactly are those statements executed
    - what's the exact output?
    - how exactly was the package bound?
    Basically everything that would help others to understand the situation beyond the current "something doesn't work" state.
    Knut Stolze
    IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator
    IBM Germany Research & Development

stolze is The good guys,thks lots.hehe!

The description of the problem doesn't make complete sense. DB2 will return a -805 following an attempt to execute the first SQL statement. You should be getting the -805 on the first INSERT, not on the COMMIT following the INSERTs. I suppose it's possible that the error messaging isn't working quite right or the COMMIT might be the first SQL attempted.

There aren't all that many root causes for a -805. The most common is probably not running a bind after a compile and link edit. Your bind might be referencing the wrong DBRMLIB. You could be referencing the wrong STEPLIB/JOBLIB. You could be referencing the wrong plan. Your plan might not include the package in the PKLIST. You didn't mention if the run unit is 1 program or several programs. If several, you might be calling a module that isn't listed in the PKLIST.