Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,941

    Unanswered: #Name? after MDE conversion

    I converted an app to an MDE, and tested it on my PC. Everything worked fine.
    I installed it on another PC, and a field that has this

    =CDate(Format(Now(),"mm/dd/yy"))

    in the default value - now displays #Name?. It's an unbound field.
    Both my machine and that machine are running Office XP, and the same references libraries are active on both - and in the same order. What else might cause that?
    Inspiration Through Fermentation

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    One Flump in One Place
    Posts
    14,912
    Are the SPs the same too?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    One Flump in One Place
    Posts
    14,912
    I forgot to mention that bit (sorry - I haven't actually worked with Access for a year now so I am a bit fogetful) - you can only deploy to clients that have the same or older Access version, and that includes SPs.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Derbyshire, UK
    Posts
    789
    Provided Answers: 1
    Hi

    Instead of using =CDate(Format(Now(),"mm/dd/yy"))
    have you tried =Int(Now())

    I have resorted to this when I have had similar problems with =Date()

    Just a thought!

    MTB

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Amsterdam, Nederland
    Posts
    450

    Install

    Does the other PC allso have (same) Mdac installed ?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,941
    Both PC's have the same versions of Access, SP3, and the same version of WIndows - with SP2. I checked all the references, and even made sure they were in the same paths.

    It only seems to happen with the MDE. If I put the MDB on there, it works fine.
    Inspiration Through Fermentation

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    265
    As you have checked the references, I would:

    1) Run msaccess.exe /decompile against the mdb
    2) Compile and save all Modules
    3) Repair and Compact your mdb
    4) Make an mde on the PC that works
    5) Copy that version of the mde onto the PC that has the error.

    This may not resolve the problem.

    Simon

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,941
    The decompile is the only thing I haven't tried yet. I'll give that a shot.

    Thanks
    Inspiration Through Fermentation

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    4,049
    Every time I've had that problem it has ALWAYS been a Tools - References problem.
    Owner and Manager of
    CypherBYTE, Microsoft Access Development Specialists.
    Microsoft Access MCP.
    And all around nice guy!


    "Heck it's something understood by accountants ... so it can't be 'that' difficult..." -- Healdem
    "...teach a man to code and he'll be frustrated for life! " -- georgev

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •