Unanswered: I'm pretty sure something like this exists ...

... but I don't know what the functionality is called.

Here's my situation:

I have two queries. They are loosely related, and one of the queries contains a superset of the data in the second query.

What I'm looking for is a query (or something) that will show me the difference records between the two queries. I'm looking for all the records that exist in the superset that don't exist in the subset. The superset query has a lot of dead records, and I want to delete them.

AFAIK, I can't write a single query to just get to the dead records, since some of the key linkage information for those records was removed from a crosstab table as part of the "deletion" functionality in the application software.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by azjazz; 12-13-07 at 17:07.
    AzJazz

"I'm afraid the holodeck will be society's last invention." - Scott Adams

If the "Find Unmatched records" query wizard doesn't help, have you tried creating a concantenated key field (ie. create an expression in the query(s) which combines 2 or more fields together to form a unique ID to compare the 2 datasets against each other - ExprCKey: [Field1] & [Field2]) and then either make a table or use that query in designing an unmatched query.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)

Question Maby i misread but....

Better to shoot and miss than not to try at all.

Cant u do a Where ID (or field not in sub query / query's)

Greetz Marvels

Quote Originally Posted by pkstormy
    If the "Find Unmatched records" query wizard doesn't help, have you tried creating a concantenated key field (ie. create an expression in the query(s) which combines 2 or more fields together to form a unique ID to compare the 2 datasets against each other - ExprCKey: [Field1] & [Field2]) and then either make a table or use that query in designing an unmatched query.
    Thanks, pkstormy - The "Find Unmatched Records" Query wizard did the trick! And, after looking at the results, I can see what is going on.

I was sure I was missing something obvious ...

AzJazz
    AzJazz

"I'm afraid the holodeck will be society's last invention." - Scott Adams