Unanswered: Forms, Relationships, Controls Box To DataSources problems

Hi

First, does this ERD look okay

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/1448/tryhrthie5.png

Second, is there a method of actually using controls bound to datasources within calculations, every time I get round an other one appears, for example control has to have focus, but the ones within calculations cant all have focus when saving a record, seriously Access is soooooooooooo limited.

Third, when I try to enter data in my form, it lets me for the customer data but it just times makes that stupid sound "bing" when I try to enter data into other text box, cheers Access for great error handling

Sorry if this doesnt make sense, but im mad ATM.
    Last edited by bopo; 12-16-07 at 14:18.

has to have focus: STOP using .Text and either use .Value or nothing at all (.Value is the default property). like magic - no focus required.
    .Text has very specific uses: picking up the value from a text box is not one of them.

the rest of your post is just rant: if you can't explain the problem more concisely you can't expect a lot of help.

soooooooooooo limited

mmmmmmm !

izy

LATER: i should have said 'precisely' rather than 'concisely', tho both are desireable.
    Last edited by izyrider; 12-16-07 at 14:41.
    currently using SS 2008R2

Thanks for informing me of that, as it will solve 101 problems, basically I have a form with most of the available fields from the five tables all linked up on the print screen above, however It only lets me input data into the fields of the CustomerDetails table, and no others, it just makes thaty sound if i try.

I thought it might be my relationships, but they look okay to me and there is no data/records in any of the tables, so it cant be key problems.

Apologies for the post earlier, I am calm now

EDIT: Somehow a record got into the customer details, therefore problem solved

how do you feed the form?
    a query??
    see if you can edit the beeeeep fields in the query itself. probably not.

BTW, i'm a bit confused by your use of CustomerID as foreign key for everything (is it the SAME CustomerID each time, or have you run out of words and you are recyling "CustomerID" to mean something different each time). e.g. should not the FK for PaymentDetails be BookingID rather than CustomerID??? have another go at the table schema! i'm no expert in that field but it looks ...unfortunate.

izy
    currently using SS 2008R2