Unanswered: Problems restoring incremental backup in 64 bit mode (DB2 UDB 8.2)

Hello,

I'm trying to restore a full backup image first and then restore an incremental on one of our servers. The image is off a 32-bit Linux machine and I'm trying to restore on a 64-bit Linux machine.

Db2level gives me this :

DB21085I Instance "dbinst1" uses "64" bits and DB2 code release "SQL08022" with
    level identifier "03030106".
    Informational tokens are "DB2 v8.1.3.88", "s050422", "MI00118", and FixPak "9".
    Product is installed at "/opt/IBM/db2/V8.1".

I used this command to update the instance to use 64 bits :

db2iupdt -w 64 db2inst1

Here is the problem ---

1. If my instance is not updated ie I keep it use 32 bits, then the full backup and incremental images restore just fine.

2. If my instance is updated to use 64 bits, then the full backup restores fine but when I try to restore from the incremental, I get this error --

SQL2570N A database cannot be restored on a platform that does not match the platform on which the backup image was created.

Why would this be? Shouldn't it complain for the full backup as well? The two platforms are different..but why does it complain for one but not the other? Thanks!
    Last edited by db2user; 12-17-07 at 18:27.

Provided Answers: 1
    See if this applies to your case:

http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview...=utf-8&lang=en
    ---
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.

Hi,

I looked into this as well and checked the backup image stats.. seems like the incremental backup image is uncompressed. The only way I could get it work is to keep the instance in 32 bit mode... apply the full and incremental.. and then update the instance to 64 bit mode. It's just strange that it doesn't complain with the full backup but does with the incremental.