Unanswered: visual tools like fi Pipes

I have many sites that run on php and mysql. I have a tool called Navicat which helps me visualize the database and helps me a lot with import and export tasks.

I was wondering if there is also a tool that does the following

I have a datafeed with raw data. This datafeed contains several columns like title, description1, description2 description4, price, old price, keywords etc etc
    I want to rearrange it in a way that my application can work with. As there are many different datafeeds with each their own fields i am looking for something else then creating a custom filter in php.

I have used Yahoo pipes and that idea is something i am looking for. Joining several columns into a new one, adding text before and/or after a column, filtering results and delete things i dont need and create a new datafeed based upon my filters and joins.

Is there a program that does this?

I know how to make this per datafeed into php but a i am looking for a more visual way and b i think if tehre is a tool that does this will make my life at this moment a bit easier.

I hoped to get an answer. I can't imagine there isn't a tool like this.
    What do you do when you have several columns you want to join and output it as a csv but with some extra text? like fi i have a description and an old price. In my new column i want description to be the original description plus at the end of that description something like special offer. the price was : {old price} but now{new price}
    as i import the csv into an other script the only option i see now is make a filter in php and export it as a new csv with my wishes but still having hopes that there is a faster and easier way.

Provided Answers: 54
    Microsoft Access will do this nicely, as will several of the Open Source tools such as Open Office from Sun.

If you are willing to spend $100 USD for a copy of Microsoft SQL Server, Developer Edition, it includes ETL tools that will mow through problems like this without noticing that they've even hit anything! I'm biased, but this is definitely my tool of choice for this kind of job.

-PatP

excel ... ?
    Less is more.
    How long is now?
    http://www.lesouterrain.com

for automated filtering...?
    I was thinking a moment about vba so it's not a bad sugestion. Maybe something i should get into and stop trying to focus on php or a readymade program.