Unanswered: dbms_scheduler: How to turn "off" jobs during planned downtime?

I'm fairly new to dbms_scheduler, but I have worked with other job schedulers (CA AutoSys, UC4, etc.) in the past. At prior employers, we always had a need for turning "off" jobs that run on SERVERXYZ (which may or may not be a remote server) when SERVERXYZ had planned downtime. Does anyone have any ideas about how to accomplish this with dbms_scheduler? Ideally, one change (whatever that might be, preferably the manual execution of a "stand by" job) would temporarily disable all jobs related to SERVERXYZ so that they would not attempt to run and subsequently fail during planned downtime.

Where the Surf Meets the Turf @Del Mar, CA
    Provided Answers: 1
    Rhetorical question - If the database is really, really shut down, then I contend DBMS_SCHEDULER will not be "up" either; so what is your question again?
    You can lead some folks to knowledge, but you can not make them think.
    The average person thinks he's above average!
    For most folks, they don't know, what they don't know.
    Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

>>we always had a need for turning "off" jobs that run on SERVERXYZ (which may or may not be a remote server)

Sorry, I probably was not clear...

The key point is that a remote server may have planned down time and the local database (and consequently, the local Oracle Scheduler) can still be up and available for processing. What I am trying to avoid is a bunch of bogus job failures caused by a remote server being down during a planned outage. Does this help?

Where the Surf Meets the Turf @Del Mar, CA
    Provided Answers: 1
    Try below fom SQL*Plus
    SQL> desc dbms_scheduler
    You can lead some folks to knowledge, but you can not make them think.
    The average person thinks he's above average!
    For most folks, they don't know, what they don't know.
    Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by anacedent
    Try below fom SQL*Plus
    SQL> desc dbms_scheduler

Uh..., that's a bit generic. Do you have anything more specific? How do folks handle this at your site? Or, is this an issue at your site? Do you only run jobs that deal with local database objects? Maybe I'm setting my sites too high for the capabilities of dbms_scheduler...

With AutoSys, we could set global variables to represent each computing resource. For example, when SERVERXYZ was up, we set the variable to something like this:

SERVERXYZ=UP

When it was down, we set it to something like this:

SERVERXYZ=DOWN
    Then, we could cause jobs to stall until the appropriate variables were set to UP. Consequently, we avoided a lot of unnecessary job failures due to planned server outages.

Is there a fairly simple way to do this in dbms_scheduler?

DBMS_SCHEDULER.DISABLE('<job_name>')