Unanswered: JCC Driver (PreparedStatement)

I really don't know why I don't find anything about this in the internet but I don't.. I hope that someone of you have experienced this problem, too.

I try to access a db2 V8.1 with java through the jcc-driver. I get the following results:

1. Try to connect through local db2 runtime client:
    -> Unable to load T2 native library. Type 2 JDBC architecture is not yet supported by the IBM DB2 JDBC Universal Driver Architecture (but I have sqllib/lib in my java.library.path)

2. Try to connect directly (Type 4)
    -> Doesn't support prepareStatement(String, int) where 'int' is eg. 'return generated values'

So have you as well noticed such behavior? Please let me know...

have you set the classpath variable - this should point to the drivers
    have a look at infocenter : jdbc connection setup : installing the db2 jdbc driver
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    DB2 UDB LUW certified V6/7/8

Yes, I've set them. I can actually use the driver. Everything works except the described prepared-statement (and probably other unsupported functionality). But what I really don't understand is, why the native stuff doesn't work because I have all the libraries in my library path..

Jena, Germany
    What are the exact error messages?
    What is set in your CLASSPATH? (I think you are missing something.)

If you can establish a connection to DB2 (for case 2): Have you turned on a JDBC trace to figure out what really goes on between your application and DB2?
    Knut Stolze
    IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator
    IBM Germany Research & Development