Unanswered: Testing connectivity from command prompt

Hello everyone. I'm new here to the forums as well as Sybase in general and just have a few questions.

I seem to be having a problem with some clients' ability to connect to our Sybase database. Currently they are configured through ODBC, with all the correct registry keys and whatnot. The problem is this: The first time a client tries to connect, it won't see the database. However, if we go in to the configure panel in the Data Sources (ODBC) utility, choose the database and 'test connect' the client will connect, and then from then on connect no problem.

I have no problem doing this, however, not for all 1000+ clients. So my question is, is there anyway to issue a command similiar to a tnsping for oracle from the command prompt, so I can put it into a batch and just have client machines run the batch?

I apologize if this is a silly question.

It depends how your application connects. If its a local odbc source, then you have the option of pushing the odbc entries thro network, just like you push any other software. Talk to your network administrator.

Or if its thro sql.ini same case.