Unanswered: SELECT query help

Hi everyone,

I have been working on this custom form for my dad and I am having a bit of trouble. I am trying to pull some information from one of the databases in this program MasterBuilder and display the result in a form result. The field I am attempting to get is the Expiration Date of the G/Liability and show it in the report. I am printing the report from the subcontract screen. I have tried different queries with no success.

I took a screenshot from the program and displayed the database table names and the field names so you have an idea of the naming convention they use.

www.indesignmedia.com/masterbuilder.jpg

The latest query I have that crashed the program when i went to run the report was:

[SELECT vndcrt.expdte FROM vndcrt WHERE vndcrt.dscrpt = G/LIABILITY]

I hope this is not confusing. If any other info is needed, let me know. Thx much.

Provided Answers: 1
    Looks like you forgot the quotes
    SELECT vndcrt.expdte FROM vndcrt WHERE vndcrt.dscrpt = 'G/LIABILITY'

I inputed that query and I got this error from the program when I ran the report.

Unable to continue: A database error occured and the program will be terminated. Error -490, 90910 vndcrt ->dscrpt =

any clues on that. Thx

Provided Answers: 6
    that looks like a custom error built into the application. what happens if you query the database directly from the query analyzer or sql server management studio?
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

I can only test queries when i run the report. I took a screenshot of the report editor (its based on crystal reports), and i took a shot of where it lets me add custom SQL queries. I also added another custom SQL query i made and its result just as another example.

www.indesignmedia.com/reportwriter.jpg

hope this helps some.