Unanswered: Scheduled jobs not running..

We have DTS Packages that are scheduled to run nightly and show up in EM under JOBS under SQL Server Agent. A password got changed and some of the nightly jobs blew up.

Went into the Packages and entered the new password and successfully executed the packages BUT when I go back to jobs under the SQL Server Agent, the jobs STILL will not run - they fail with a login failure - as if i never fixed the DTS package. HELP

Is the SQL Agent job executing DTSRun on an encrypted string or the actual package name?

-- This is all just a Figment of my Imagination --

encyrpted string

The encrypted string you are executing refers to the previous version of the DTS package. You have two options:

1. Delete the existing Agent Job and recreate the scheduled job from the DTS Package. You will get a new encrypted string, which will be for the current version of the DTS package.

2. Change the Current job to use the DTS package name (along with other switches for server, login credentials, etc. This guarentees that the latest version of the package will always be executed.

I.E. DTSRun /N PackageName /S Servername\InstanceName /E

Here is a link to view the switches: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...7(SQL.80).aspx

-- This is all just a Figment of my Imagination --