Unanswered: bcp andd checkpoint

Hi
    I am trying to do 1000 rows bcp in. I am giving batch size as 50. I have following questions
    1) Does sybase apply checkpoint after every bact size completion.
    2) How to know how many check points sybase applied during the whole bcp in operation or dusring perticular time range

Please help.

Provided Answers: 1
    See Total Checkpoints from sp_sysmon

Quote Originally Posted by shreedhar_tase
    Hi
    I am trying to do 1000 rows bcp in. I am giving batch size as 50. I have following questions
    1) Does sybase apply checkpoint after every bact size completion.
    2) How to know how many check points sybase applied during the whole bcp in operation or dusring perticular time range

Please help.
    Just curious, what is the basis of your asking the question about checkpoint?

Are you worried that the batch wont be recovered? If thats the case, you can be guaranteed that the batch will be recovered, during a crash for eg.,, from log recovery.

According to sybase for each batch sybase strts storing data on new page and logs that page entry. I am finding that my logs are getting filled when i am doing bcp in of table having size approx 10GB. So I want to know whether sybase applied a checkpoint or not after pushing every batch into the database

Quote Originally Posted by shreedhar_tase
    According to sybase for each batch sybase strts storing data on new page and logs that page entry. I am finding that my logs are getting filled when i am doing bcp in of table having size approx 10GB. So I want to know whether sybase applied a checkpoint or not after pushing every batch into the database
    Hm good point. So, the options are checking checkpoint interval OR increasing the transaction log then.

Another option is to split the no. of rows into smaller units.