Unanswered: Drop Down List in Reporting Services

How do you create a drop down box on the report so the users can chose a value and conduct their search according to that value, See I have a SP that when the users enter a parameter they get the results according to that paramter, I would like for the choose one rather then type it up. Can anyone help please

You need to add 'Parameters'

HI

To generate a dropdownlist u need to create a parameter ,for that parameter u should assisgn a dataset(created to get the parameter values) to populate

then in the body u should get the parameter value and pass it to the sp

Meyyappan

I got it

I got to work, secret is in the REPORT PARAMETERS under Available Values

Lightbulb

Another thing that is worth metioning in this "drop down list" thing is when, for example, you want to create a sales report based on the user selection of a product.

Let's imagin that your parameters have a StartDate, an EndDate and a Product List (drop down). The end user will be prompt to choose the value for the 3 parameters and will then receive the according report. But what if the user wants to see more than one product but not all of them? For these scenarios there's a parameter property called multi-value, which allows you to select all, some, or none, of the available items in the drop down list. To make your query work in this scenario you will have to change it to something like this

Code:
    SELECT
      <something>
    FROM
      Sales.SalesLog sl
    WHERE
      sl.transactionDate BETWEEN @startDate AND @endDate
      AND sl.productId IN (@productId)
    Best regards and happy programming in SQL Server Reporting Services.

Hi karthic,
    How do you do this again.
    i didn't quite get it, sorry.

When i tried doing it, it resulted to a dropdown list and a textbox where i must select/input a value.

How do i get rid of the textbox?

Quote Originally Posted by karthic_85
    HI

To generate a dropdownlist u need to create a parameter ,for that parameter u should assisgn a dataset(created to get the parameter values) to populate

then in the body u should get the parameter value and pass it to the sp

Meyyappan

"then in the body u should get the parameter value and pass it to the sp"

What do you mean by "in the body"?

Can someone update me on this please?
    I am very new to Reporting Services and SQL.
    I have managed to get the report so that it shows a type in box that selects from my data, but when I try to change it in Report Parameters, to be a drop down box, I get the following when I try to Preview -

An error occurred during local report processing
    The definition oft he the report '/Report4' is invalid
    The report parameter 'site_id' has a Default Value or a ValidValue that depends on the report parameter ''site_id''. Forward dependencies are not valid.

Exclamation

Change the order of your parameters. The way they are currently ordered, a parameter is looking at one that comes after it. So select the parameter in question and use the up/down arrows to change the order.
    Hope this helps.

Shuja

Thank you

I haven't worked this for a little while, but next time I have opportunity I will try this.

Thanks for taking time to reply