Red face Unanswered: Help in Database Design - MS Access 2003

Greetings Everybody
    This is my first post so bear with me if I don't stand up to your minimum expectations
    Iam trying to build a personal database in MSaccess 2003 to keep tractk of the books purchased every year. These books are law related. The difficulty is basically at two places.

First

The books falls under 3 categories:
    a) Single books - for which payment is made after supply and one time payment.
    b) Set of Books - These books are sold in sets. The individual parts/vols are not sold seperately. The price is that of the whole set. Payment is made after supply and one time payment.
    c) Journals/Subscriptions - These are books which are sent in parts/vols all around the year at specified intervals (weekly/fortnight/monthly/yearly). The payment is made in advance.The parts and intervals are fixed only for that year and might change the following year. This apart some of these journals might release additional volumes, which are charged extra and payment is made in advance, but for user purpose are continuation of the earlier vols and need to be clubbed under the head of journals.

Vols/Parts
    Each Vol consists of 3/4 parts. When the no. of parts for each vol is completed, it would be deemed that the volume is complete.

Second
    As the payments for Journals are being made in advance we need to keep track of the fact if the parts have arrived and if not arrived in time (say 10 days) we should be able to list them for taking further action.

Additional Problem
    In some cases the subscriptions orders are made late due to which the publisher sends the previous volumes in bound volumes(which contain all the requisite parts for that volume)/ in parts in a single delivery, and thereafter sends the remaining volumes in parts in usual manner. So we need to ensure if the parts were received in usual manner or in bound volumes.
    Phew so much for a first post!

Note: Access is being used for data storage only. Accessing of the data is from VB6, so I have not implemented and relationship to tables in the design. This is taken care of in the vbcode.
    I have attached the db I have designed. Please suggest me the changes I need to make.

Thanks in advance
    Attached Files Attached Files

Database: MS Access 2003

Provided Answers: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by HACK
    Note: Access is being used for data storage only. Accessing of the data is from VB6, so I have not implemented and relationship to tables in the design. This is taken care of in the vbcode.
    Note: This is a bad idea.
    Moving this thread to the Access forum...
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com