Unanswered: Newby needs connection help

Hello DB Pros,

I haven't worked with databases much so I apologize it this question is a little fundamental. I'm working with an iAnywhere 9 database and I'm having some connectivity issues.

I can't seem to establish connectivity to this database because the database says I have the wrong UID and PW.

The last SQL script that was run against the database is as follows:

GRANT CONNECT TO "abc" IDENTIFIED BY ENCRYPTED '\x0E\x49\x5D\xE9\x34\x25\x27\xD8\x8E\xF5...'
    go
    GRANT CONNECT TO "abc" IDENTIFIED BY "SQL"
    go
    CONNECT USING 'UID=abc;PWD=SQL'
    go
    REVOKE CONNECT FROM "DBA"
    go
    GRANT CONNECT TO "abc" IDENTIFIED BY ENCRYPTED '\x0E\x49\x5D\xE9\x34\x25\x27\xD8\x8E\xF5...'
    go
    commit work
    go

Basically I'm wondering if anyone could give me an idea of what I might be doing wrong, or different things to try to access this database.

Thanks,
    Matt

Provided Answers: 4
    This looks like Oracle-syntax, but it's posted in the Sybase-subforum. I'd try and ask this question in the Oracle-subforum...
    I'm not crazy, I'm an aeroplane!

Quote Originally Posted by Martijnvs
    This looks like Oracle-syntax, but it's posted in the Sybase-subforum. I'd try and ask this question in the Oracle-subforum...
    Its SQL Anywhere which is a different database product for mobile and small applications.

To the OP,

Im not that experienced with Anywhere, but it looks like the last statement changed the password for abc and its encrypted.