Unanswered: Newbie Looking for CMA guidance

Hey all. Well this is my first time posting, so hi

Anyways, I am very interested in learning about databases and was guided to start with MYSQL first. I went to the web site and learned that they have a certified mysql associate (CMA) certification for begginers like myself.

Before I jump in, however, I was wondering what startup/setup advice can be given me. I have installed nothing so far, but I would like to get my hands dirty.

Any help is appreicated.

Thanks,
    Scott

learning Mysql

Heres a thought

If you want to get your feet wet nothing works better than actually doing it.

It took me a while but I did it.

1)set up apache, php and mysql on your local computer using an application something like WAMP search google

2) download and install a cms like Joomla 1.5 rc4

3) The joomla world has all sorts of help as to how to get this working on a localhost.

If you do the above I can guarantee YOU WILL GET YOUR FEET WET and you will see how a mysql database works and is used by a real world application.

I found by doing and learning the above(2 years ago i couldnt even spell daatbaese) the cobwebs came out and i was able to understand how fields and relationships etc worked.

Remember, this is just a thought from a considered newbie.
    But it worked for me.

Not sure why a new user like you would need a CMA designation, sounds like overkill to me.

MercedesAMG