Unanswered: Help with DBCC PSS result

Hi all an happy new year

Well... may be you can help me... i'm train to make a web page, that page makes a lot of functions, monitoring 5 servers of databases, 11 building of primari atention, some web servers and some more things... but... one of this pages returns a list with locked processes... when i have the PID of the process locking muist go to another tool, modifi a query and capture the process like this :

dbcc traceon (3604)
    go
    dbcc pss(301,PID,1)
    go
    dbcc traceoff
    go

With this i can work fine, but i want make some more functional, but i can't capture and display the result of this query in a web page... in first place make a batch who work with "isql" in the S.O., but later must change the S.O. from Window$ to Linux, everithing work fine, less this Batch, later make a SP_ but the result not work, just return 2 lines and bad result...

Can some help me ???... i'm working with Sybase 11.0.3.3

Need to capture the result from DBCC PSS or try to obtain the name of the process to work with a showplan

Thank to all

P.S.: Sorry my english

Hello,

Happy New Year to you too.

From what it looks like, you got the commands right, so I guess its more of a web development issue, OR have I misunderstood anything?. If thats the case, you just need to find a way of running it through whatever web scripting you are using.

Quote Originally Posted by Cursed
    dbcc traceon (3604)
    go
    dbcc pss(301,PID,1)
    go
    dbcc traceoff
    go
    On a sidenote, you just need to run dbcc pss (0,spid,0). No need for suid as first parameter, I think.

Thanx for the feedback

That's right, i need to capture the output by DBCC to put like result in a web page, like plain text or wathever, but it's not posibly, then i try to found another way to obtain some result like that, i try with showplan, but nothig... i can't use showplan bacause to use showplan need the name of the process to execute it and i just have the PID...

How can i obtain the name of the blocking procedure with just the number of PID ???

If can obtain the name of the blocking procedure...

Thanx again

P.S.: Is too hard read mi english ???...

P.S.2: Si resulta mas facil, pues posteo en español XD!!!

P.S.3 : Gracias por responder