Unanswered: Combo Box AutoExpand problem/bug

I am revamping an access database and have copied across all the controls on a form to a new form in a new database. All of my combo boxes are set to Auto Expand as the user types but one combo does not want to work.

My combo is a list of names of people about 900 in total and all I need is for it to auto expand as you type. In the old database this worked fine and it did work initially in the new but now is temperamental.

The list is sorted A-Z and if I type A or a it expands appropriately for any names starting with A. As soon as you try B or anything onwards it does not work. On a very rare occasion it may give you the first name for say P but then you get nothing else.

I've done some experimentation and it seems to be some kind of bug. If I take a copy of my old mdb and take out all the forms/queries etc and start afresh in there I can get the combo to auto expand. As soon as I start adding objects from the newer mdb such as my new forms and the rest of the controls for the foirm with the combo the combo stops working!

I've read somethings re a setting in access about Ansi92 or something but I can't see how to set this in Access 2000.

Any ideas about this? Any help will be appreciated as this is driving me up the wall.

Provided Answers: 10
    bound or unbound forms?
    I reckon this might have more to do with the number of records in the combo-box than anything else...
    George
    Home | Blog

Bound forms. I reckon it could be the number of records too. The other six combo boxes that I have all contain a max of about 15 items. Thing is that still does not explain how it works on my other MDB