Unanswered: How to catalog two servers configured in DPF?

Hi All,
    We have 2 servers on AIX ,say with ip's 172.23.3.4 and 172.23.3.5 which are connected in DPF mode. We have another servers 172.23.3.6 and 172.23.3.7
    which are connected in DPF mode .

Now, we need to communicate between these two sets of servers by cataloging them.
    But as am very new to db administration, I have no clue how to proceed with.

Pls tell me the steps to go ahead and make communication between the servers communicating with DPF(DataPartionedFeature).

Thanks in advance!

First, just forget that you have DPF in the picture. That's irrelevant for cataloging. The only thing you have to make sure is to create two different node entries (see CATALOG TCPIP NODE command) for each server. (I'm assuming that server A is for 172.23.3.4 and server B for 172.23.3.6.)

I don't know exactly what you mean with "need to communicate between these ..." Do you want to (transparently) access data stored is server A from server B and vice versa? Or do you just want to access servers A and B from your application? The first, approach requires DB2 Federation; the second is straight-forward and does not require any special setup.
    Knut Stolze
    IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator
    IBM Germany Research & Development