Unanswered: Access Sub reports

My access main report looks like the following where revenue and expenses portions are subreports with page break by Province: (all reports are using the same dataset/pass-thru query)

Province: BC
    Rooms Revenue xxxx
    F&B revenue xxxx
    Others xxxx
    Total revenue xxxx
    Rooms expenses xxxx
    F&B expenses xxxx
    Others expenses xxxx
    Total revenue xxxx

For the two subreports, I used GroupFooters to sum revenues (and expenses) by type (Rooms, etc) and by province (BC, AB, SK). When opened, the report doesn't work. The best result I got was a page by province but with the same set of figures which are the sum for all provinces. Thanks for whatever help/tips you can share with me.

And what is your question?
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

Provided Answers: 10
    It's not so much a question as "solve this" where "this" is not written in nearly enough detail to diagnose.

What is the source for the report?
    If it's a query: post the SQL statment.

If you have any grouping - explain it please.
    George
    Home | Blog

Ahhh... George... Remember way back when ... I did a report where you have debits and credits and you subtract the one group from the other to get the net balance ... I was asking if this was that kinda report ... Which I think it is ... Then it's a matter of propagating the subtotals up to be operated on ... But you gotta ask a question 1st.
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

Sorry for the lack of details.

Both main & subreports use the same datasource, there are multiple records per province. In main report, there's grouping by ProvID. The group header has the province ID & full name while the group footer has the subreports.

The subreports has groupings by ProvID and DeptType. The ProvID footer is used for the subtotal (revenue or expenses by Prov) and the DeptType footer to sum by DeptType (rooms revenue or expenses; f&b revenue or expenses, etc).

The query is "SELECT ProvID, ProvName, DeptType, Account, Amount FROM qSQL_Dataset". DeptType can be Rms, F&B and Others.

Based on my last tweaking of the report, it works if I filter the dataset to a single province. Otherwise, there's the error: "You can't set the ControlSource property in print preview or after printing has started".