Provided Answers: 6

Unanswered: profiler to capture sql for 1 table

Using SQL Server 2000

I have to leave a production trace running for a couple of days to track down a little bit of data corruption. I am setting the stop time and maximum file size and I am running it from another machine and writing to a file and not a table and all of that good stuff.

however since I am going to be leaving this running for a while I do not want to deal with a gigantic file to sift through I am trying to limit my trace to all of the stored procs, which can be coming from other databases, to those inserting and and updating a particular table.

I have been goofing around with the Objects:Closed and Objects:Open and the SPtarting And SP:Completed events, but I can not seem to make this work. I skimmed through the first 5 pages of my google search and my BOL search, but came up empty.

Is this possible? I thought I had done this before.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

Provided Answers: 11
    I would start with Stored Procedure - RPCtarting, sptmtStarting, and TSQL - SQLtmtStarting with a filter on textdatas for the table name. Set this up, on your laptop, then try to break it by selecting from the table in a few ways. If the table is a member of any view, you may have to find them all, and add those names to the filter on textdata, as well.

Provided Answers: 6
    that about did it. had to throw in some wild cards and filter on the application name I suspect is the culprit.

Thanks.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.