Unanswered: How can I differentiate two db2 instance in same server

I had two port numbers (two separt numbers) for two separete instances.

When I do db2stop both instance are shutting down. (doesn't matter whish instance I am logging)

Two different operating system users must exist; each user runs a different DB2 instances. You execute the db2stop command as one of the two DB2 instance owners. Since one owner does not have any rights (even at the OS level) to temper with the data and processes of the other instance, it would be interesting to know how exactly you could bring down both instances by just stopping one of them.

So could you tell us the usual stuff (platform, DB2 version) along with the exact steps you performed and how you verified that both instances are down?
    Knut Stolze
    IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator
    IBM Germany Research & Development

Provided Answers: 5
    What DB2 version and OS?

Andy

AIX /Db2 9.1

Proabblem with profile. In another(second) instance theay running first instace profile. So what ever I do in second instance effecting first instance.

i just found out

Thank you very much for try to help me oout. I tried droping instance (test instance created log time back). I still have all info point into instance1.

Check you ~/.profile of the 2nd instance. It should source the correct sqllib/db2profile.

Also, you should verify that both instances use different groups for SYSADM etc.
    Knut Stolze
    IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator
    IBM Germany Research & Development