Unanswered: db2 connect reset/terminate slow

I just set up a v9 db2 cluster on windows. From the command window, I can do a db2 connect to a database rather quickly. The db2 terminate or db2 connect reset command takes 30+ seconds to run. Same results occure whether local or remote and whether I use a domain or local db2 account. Commits and rollbacks come back quick. It's the reset and terminate commands that take a while. The same problem is there with the GUI. I can drill down into a table, view, the row, but when I do a "close", it takes 30+ seconds for the screen to come back. I'm assuming that the GUI "close" is doing the same sort of thing that's giving me the problem as the terminate and reset command. Any ideas would be appreciated. Is there some parameter new to v9??? Thanks!

Provided Answers: 5
    How many users are connected when you issue the terminate or connect reset?

Andy

none. This box was just set up. I installed v9 db2 fp4 and ran the clustering commands.

That is what I thought. You are waiting for the database to shut down. Try ACTIVATE DB or have another connection and try again.

Andy

Thanks. I see what you mean...
    If a database was started by a CONNECT TO (or an implicit connect) and subsequently an ACTIVATE DATABASE is issued for that same database, then DEACTIVATE DATABASE must be used to shut down that database. If ACTIVATE DATABASE was not used to start the database, the database will shut down when the last application disconnects.

Is this a change with v9 (the database will shut down when the last application disconnects) or is it just my luck?

Nope, This behavior has been since at least V6.

WOW, thx a lot. This really resolves my problem. Just start the database and db2 fast again.(I don't know why it accepts the connection from web application when I've already shutdown the database ).