Unanswered: Install sqsh on NT (after Cygwin already installed?)

Hi

Install sqsh on NT (after Cygwin already installed?) - in fact where can you even download binary for Windows?

Thanks!

Provided Answers: 1

I downloaded from there, and from Source Forge...

I downloaded from there, and from Source Forge... Am I misguided to be expecting a ".exe"??

Provided Answers: 1
    File list of sqsh-cygwin-2.1.4-15.0.2.tar.gz:
    sqlsh.exe
    sqshrc

"libsybblk.dll could not be found"!

Thanks! So that's where my exe is!

Another problem today -- I already have Cygwin installed previously and from doc it stated that we only need bare minimum Cywin package. I put sqsh.exe in Cywin bin folder and execute it. A dialog pops up and complain "libsybblk.dll could not be found"

I searched Cygwin folder and Sybase install directory (SYBASE home)... can't find the dll. Path environment variable does contain path top cygwin and Sybase bin folder!

Quote Originally Posted by nfung
    Thanks! So that's where my exe is!

Another problem today -- I already have Cygwin installed previously and from doc it stated that we only need bare minimum Cywin package. I put sqsh.exe in Cywin bin folder and execute it. A dialog pops up and complain "libsybblk.dll could not be found"

I searched Cygwin folder and Sybase install directory (SYBASE home)... can't find the dll. Path environment variable does contain path top cygwin and Sybase bin folder!

The libsybblk.dll comes with Sybase Open Client or the new term for it is SDK, i.e. software developers kit.. Maybe you dont have a proper SDK/Open Client install?

version 15 dll's been renamed?

May be this is why - in v15 Sybase dll's has been renamed?

Quoting this discussion from Perlmonks

Quote: "I am trying to get DBD:ybase working on a Windows platform with Activestate perl 5.8. I could not find a PPM module already compiled for the platform that works with Sybase 15.0. All the errors are "Can't find libct". In Sybase 15, the libraries are all renamed to libsybct, libsybdb, libsybblk, and so on. So I downloaded all of the programs from http://www.perlmonks.org/index.pl?node_id=387070, downloaded DBD:ybase 1.08, modified the Makefile.PL to reference the new library names and attempted to compile. It's not working (note, this is only part of the error messages):"

In my box, dll's are here:
    C:\... some dir ...\Sybase\ocnt1252\ocs-12_5\dll

And dll's found include:
    debug libcomn.dll libct.dll libdldap.dll libfssl.dll libsdce.dll libsmssp.dll libsybdb.dll libxadtm.dll nldecnet.dll nlwnsck.dll
    libblk.dll libcs.dll libddce.dll libdreg.dll libintl.dll libskrb.dll libsrv.dll libtcl.dll nldec95.dll nlmsnmp.dll nondebug

Again, "libsybblk.dll" is nowhere to be found.

Thanks
    Last edited by nfung; 01-10-08 at 20:49.

As the name of the .tar.gz implies (well, to me, anyway) the sqsh binary for Cygwin available on my site was built with OpenClient 15 (that comes with ASE 15.0.2, free download from www.sybase.com).

This binary may work with OCS 12.5 - try to go to the %SYBASE%/OCS-12_5/dll directory and copy (copy - not rename!!) the files libct.dll, libcs.dll and libblk.dll to libsybct.dll, libsybcs.dll and libsybblk.dll respectively.

Otherwise you can try to rebuild sqsh from source - there is documentation in the source package on how to do this.

Michael

Hey the master himself thanks Mike

Tried it.. another problem "blk_alloc could not be located"

Thanks a bunch. Although I don't completely understand why you said "Copy NOT rename", I've tried your suggestion (Copy, then rename):

before after
    -------------------------------------------
    libct.dll libsybct.dll
    libcs.dll libsybcs.dll
    libblk.dll libsybblk.dll

Path: C:\... some path...\Sybase\ocnt1252\ocs-12_5\dll

I then ran sqsh:

C:\sqsh

A new error message pops up:

"The procedure entry point blk_alloc could not be located in the dynamic link library libsybblk.dll"

Any idea? Seems it's not so straight forward simply try to get sqsh to work on NT...

sigh

Well - you are trying to run a binary built with the 15.0 libraries on a system with 12.5 libraries, so it's not really all that surprising that it won't work.

You can try to rebuild sqsh from source on your system, using the steps described in the "cygwin" directory of the sqsh source.

Or you can download and install the 15.x libraries (for example from the ASE 15.0.2 dev release available from www.sybase.com)

Or you can try to find another sqsh binary for cygwin - I think Rob Vershoor has one on his site (www.sypron.nl)

Michael