Unanswered: Export Only Groups using ODBC

So here's what I'm trying to do. I have data with millions of records, and with hundreds of event records per unique Tag ID. I'm using grouping to do all my calculation and such, and in the group footer I have the unique record ID.

I only want to export the one row per ID, so basically I'm trying to export only the group footer section.

I've been able to do this successfully when exporting to Excel, it only exports the group footers.

However, when I export using ODBC to Access, it exports the entire file, not just the group footers. Is there a way around this?

Excel isn't going to work because I'm going to be exporting more than 65000 records. I can't have it exporting the entire set of data into Access though, because then that becomes too big - I just want the group footers exported.

Any ideas?

Did you try exporting as .txt & then importing into Access?

I've not tried that, but will give it a shot...

Is there a limit to how many records I can export into a text file?

I don't think there is a limit on the # of records you can have in a .txt file. When you import, you'll get an import wizard, where you will have to "show" Access where the fields begin & end.

Okay, I was able to get this exported, but have a new problem now.

I have all the column titles up in the report header, and when I export to ODBC Access, I just get the report headers exported over and over, none of the data below. If I hide those, I get the data exported correctly, but I'd like to have the titles exported as well.

Any ideas?

Thanks

I'm not sure why your information is doing that. I tried to recreate it by moving my column titles to the report header from the page header, but it still imported my group totals correctly. I seem to remember it happening to me before, but I can't remember how I fixed it. I'm sure it will come to me as I am working today.