Unanswered: Is there a way to do this without using SendKeys...Vista Problem

My business partner just purchased a new laptop with Vista and there are problems with a macro that uses a lot of SendKeys. Converted to code and the same problem. Can't give much detail on what is happening as he is away at the moment and communcation is poor. Searching around the internet indicated that SendKeys was not a good thing to do at the best of times. So I thought I would ask if there is a way to replace SendKeys.

We enter file notes for policy holders. The note part goes into a memo field and there is record for each file note. Very small table with date, time, ID, category of file note and of course the memo field. There is also a second table which will not accept duplicated on the ID field and the table with "many" records is appended to the "one" table.

When a file note is made a form is opened based on the "one" table and then via SendKeys the next file note is added to the memo field of the "one record" table.

I have reproduced below what the memo field content of the "one record" looks like. I need to retain that format or at least that type of format. The only solution canthink of without using SendKeys is to have two sets of Bookmarks in Word and have the content of the memo field from the "one record" go into the first line of bookmarks and the new file note go into the second row of bookmarks and then have the whole Word.doc sent back to the memo field in the "one record" table. This solution would be reasonable as I already have a very similar situation made for doing letters in Word. I can't think of any way to do what I want if the "file note writing" is only available as may records.

6/01/2008 5:11:14 AM We both agreed at our first meeting that the comparison made between both types of policy in this letter would be restricted to a limited discussion on total and partial disability benefits and what is called "trauma or crisis" cover. This discussion should in no way be regarded as complete.

6/01/2008 5:12:50 AM In general terms partial disability occurs when you are working at a reduced rate due to the health problem. If you are not working and are unable to satisfy the definition of total disability then you will not qualify for total disability benefits.

6/01/2008 5:13:36 AM The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog

6/01/2008 5:14:18 AM Spoke to Mary in underwriting and the following has been applied

1) Full medical and blood tests

2) Independent financial evidence of income

Based on your application it is likely that a premium loading will be applied and subject to medical evidence perhaps a change in the terms and conditions of the policy

Forgot to attach specimen.

As you will see the field ActDateComments in the "one record" has all the notes from the "Many Record" table
    Attached Files Attached Files