Unanswered: SQL Server Express Scenario

Hello !

Please, I am new on SQL Server,

1.It's possible following scenario ?

I want to implement an application with SQL Server Express installed on a PS as server. Other PCs - from network or from http network - could connect to this sse database (my intention is to open a port on the server for using the internet network).

If yes, please give me an example of adequate string connection to use in application.
    If no, what amount from this scenario could be implemented ? (And also, if you can, an sample of connection string).

2. Do you know what are the limitations of using SQL Server Developer Edition (~50$ price) in this scenario ?

Thank you very much !

possible... is possible, but, I not sure if is the best option.
    first express edition have many limitant (1 CPU, 1 GB RAM and 4 GB DB), second developer edition is for develop not for a production environment, and finally why not mySql?

Is an ideea using mySQL but I read about mySQL that it has no complex SQL instructions, and I need a maximum of SQL instruction complexity.

Still I'm not clear how developer edition can limitate us.

Sample connection string ?

Thank you

Provided Answers: 6
    i am under the impression that sqlteam.com is run on Express. Just do not expect to run a busy ecommerce site with it.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

to answer your original question see connectionstrings.com
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

Quote Originally Posted by ValentinBadea
    Still I'm not clear how developer edition can limitate us.
    developer edition cannot be used in production. if you do, ms can sue you.

dev edition, as the name implies, can only be used for development work.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrasymachus
    to answer your original question see connectionstrings.com
    I know connectionstrings.com but I would know your oppinion.
    Thank you anyway !

I have opinions about politics, spiritual matters, music, art, literature, football, software development best practices, but a connection string is a connection string. What opinion is there to have? It's not my purpose here to retype or copy readily availabsle information for you.

If you are having trouble with your connection string you ought to say so, and then maybe you will get some help instead of getting snippy and running off.

i love people who have the courage to be abrasive to people on the internet. Now there is an opinion for you.

Sorry if I was confused,

I have to install an application on a PC as server and other PCs as clients. Until now I hadn't installed any application with SQL Server Express.
    I can't do more probes on that network because I haven't project there, but only an installing kit, so I want to be advised.
    I'm using attach database in connection string. I found a book where they say:

"In addition to the name restrictions already mentioned, there are other limitations for SSE. Other editions
    of SQL Server support using multiple data and log files for a database so that these files can be distributed
    in multiple file groups. This is not supported in the AttachDBFilename syntax. Network shares, HTTP
    paths, or Universal Naming Conventional (UNC) remote databases are also not supported by SSE."
    This put me some question, I don't know if AttachDBFilename option in connection string is the best for a such application.

I don't know how database grow, so I think the "SQL Server Developer Edition" is good since there is freeware application, no commercial one, but I want to be sure. Thank you for your patience and sorry !