Unhappy Unanswered: Users can't see tables they own

Hi,

I have just built a 10g database and as I am not really a DBA I am learning on the Job.

I have created a user and that user has created some tables, when I log in as that user I can see the tables. However if multiple people log in as that user (I think three seems to be the maximum) then the tables seem to disapear (I get the ORA-00942: table or view does not exist error)

e.g.
    Person 1 logs in does select * from user_tables - list of tables owned by user is brought back.
    Person 2 logs in does select * from user_tables - list of tables owned by user is brought back
    Person 3 logs in does select * from user_tables - list of tables owned by user is brought back.
    Person 4 logs in does select * from user_tables - NO tables owned by user are found.

Is there a setting it the init.ora file for the database that controls this, or does anyone know why this is happening?

Any help would be appreciated.

Rich.
    Last edited by rda1; 01-10-08 at 07:59.

Where the Surf Meets the Turf @Del Mar, CA
    Provided Answers: 1
    Which flavor of Oracle (XE, SE, EE, ??) & what actual version to 4 decimal places?
    You can lead some folks to knowledge, but you can not make them think.
    The average person thinks he's above average!
    For most folks, they don't know, what they don't know.
    Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

We are using 10.2.0.1.0 on a solaris 10 sun box. We are planning to apply the patch set 5337014 to get it up to 10.2.0.3.0. After looking at it a bit more yesterday I think it may be a resource issue as we have not upgraded to box yet.