Unanswered: Command Editor from Web

Hello, I am trying to get something like db2 command editor from web i.e. I want to execute queries (xquery) from web browser without a need of db2 client installation. I've heard that it is possible with the use of websphere, however I could not find anything usefull. I'll be happy if somebody helps! Thanks...

Websphere is a application server. and u have create and deploy java applications to make it possible. otherwise u can search for some db2 third party tools which allows u to access db2 using web browser....or u can write ur own perl CGI script

just a question what kind of query u want to execute ..is it for monitoring or just normal queries...

M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

I will use it for monitoring purposes. By the way, what is the difference between installing a db2 client and dbvisualizer software. Because I want to execute queries from web browser. I will create a database in my server and then people will write some queries (xml queries for monitoring purposes) from their home PCs. I do not want all of them to install a db2 client. I am wondering if they can execute their queries from web browser and then see the results.
    Thanks...

If I am not wrong they need to have atleast run time client...

Quote Originally Posted by aysan
    I will create a database in my server and then people will write some queries (xml queries for monitoring purposes) from their home PCs. I do not want all of them to install a db2 client.
    In that case you will have to install a DB2 client just on the web server, where the incoming web client requests (queries) are sent through the DB2 client (by using some sort of cgi script) to the DB2 server.
    (Of course, DB2 client and server may reside on the same computer, but this is not necessary.)
    --_Peter Vanroose,
    __IBM Certified Database Administrator, DB2 9 for z/OS
    __IBM Certified Application Developer
    __ABIS Training and Consulting
    __http://www.abis.be/

I have found something called IBM Web Query tool.
    I think it is what I am looking for. Do you know anything about it?
    It is licensed. I could not found any trial version from net. Do you know any tool like that which is free?
    Thanks...