Unanswered: All db status -32768. How to save the db ?

Dear Experts,

What can I do when all databases status became -32768 ?
    select status, name from sysdatabases
    -32768 master
    -32768 user1_db
    -32768 tempdb
    -32768 sybsystemprocs
    -32768 model
    -32768 sybsystemdb

Below statement will failed with Error 3908
    update sysdatabases set status=0 where name="user1_db"
    update sysdatabases set status=0 where name="master"

Error3908: failed because database is in BYPASS RECOVERY MODE
    There is no backup of master db.

Any body any idea how to save the db ?

B. Rgds
    Tiffany

the master DB is in recovery mode, in that case you can't make any change in status by another databases, including master...

you just make BCP's from all...

may be you start the server when his file is in use

but my knowlegment are too limited, i'm novice in that, better wait for another response before cry

Grtgs
    There's only 10 kinds of people: the ones who know binary and the ones who doesn't

Its not normal for master to be in bypass recovery mode. What happened prior to this?

Quote Originally Posted by trvishi
    Its not normal for master to be in bypass recovery mode. What happened prior to this?
    if the master device (and another database devices) is a file system and it is in use when the server starts, sybase mark corrupt, because can't open it...

is not too rare

grtgs.
    There's only 10 kinds of people: the ones who know binary and the ones who doesn't

Quote Originally Posted by Cursed
    if the master device (and another database devices) is a file system and it is in use when the server starts, sybase mark corrupt, because can't open it...

is not too rare

grtgs.

Im not used to filesystems. But in raw, the server WILL NOT start if the master in use.

The truth is ... My colleague tried to save the db by rebuilding syslog. He planned to put the user data db in bypass Recovery mode. Accidentally, he put all db, including master db, in bypass Recovery mode. Any light to this situation ?

anyway... whitout backup to load, just can make BCP's...

greetings

P.S.: cut the fingers to your colleague XD!!!!
    Last edited by Cursed; 01-14-08 at 14:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany Fong
    The truth is ... My colleague tried to save the db by rebuilding syslog. He planned to put the user data db in bypass Recovery mode. Accidentally, he put all db, including master db, in bypass Recovery mode. Any light to this situation ?
    Thought so. Is this a test environment or production?

IMPORTANT: The following is JUST MY GUT FEELING AND NOT A DEFINITIVE ANSWER. So, try it on a test/play server first......
    -------------------
    If you have an environment to play with, then do the exact same update and and try to restart the server. This is just my gut feeling as when you give dataserver with master in the RUN file, it should I guess definitely try to recover master, since thats where all the system info is.

If that doesnt work try single user mode with -M or -T3608 in RUN file if its unix OR regedit if its Windows I think (will recover master only without other databases)
    --------------------