Programmer Analyst is needed for a medium size dynamic and successful company. Our client a rapidly growing company and leader in its industry has an excellent opportunity for an experienced IT professional with strong technical and interpersonal skills.
This is a contract position expected to last for approximately 12 months with potential for extension or direct employment.
Qualified candidate will be responsible for upgrading existing Access 97 databases to current Access version or converting database to SQL, database design, reporting, development, testing, deployment and support of Access/SQL Server databases used for reporting, forecasting purposes and milestone management across all businesses.
· Design, implement, and maintain MS Access databases for data analysis
· Design dashboards, forms and data validation processes
· Convert all databases and queries from Access 97 to 2007
· Automate the data entry and data importing process across all databases
· Develop backup/archive procedures
· Create standards and maintain documentation
· Modify databases for optimal performance or improvements where needed
· Train and educate end users
· BS degree with major in Information Systems or equivalent degree
· Three or more years of experience in database modeling, design, development and implementation
· Experience in creating relational databases in MS Access 97 - 2007
· Extensive background using SQL, Visual Basic with MS-Access
· Experience developing and maintaining MS-SQL Server database and applications including developing stored procedures, triggers, etc.
· Knowledge of/or experience with VBA, Crystal Reports and .Net technologies
· Certifications in one or more of the following a plus. MCDBA, MCSA or MCSE
Required professional strengths:
· Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical users.
· Enthusiasm for learning new skills and taking on new challenges.
· Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
· A self-starter who can lead projects/application development.
· Ability to successfully handle multiple projects.
· Ability to effectively utilize resources to maintain efficiency and quality.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Goal oriented
· Ability to logically analyze business problems, present a variety of solutions, and apply the chosen solution.
· Good Time management skills
· Focus on projects despite interruptions
Technical skill (s) required:
MS Office, MS Access, MS SQL Server 2000/2005, Visual Basic and VBA.