Unanswered: Access does not recognise Form

I need to add a new Form to an Access DB developed by others. This form will be used as a Progress reporter. It will have just the one text box which will have a messages inserted at various points in the VBA code, outlining the steps just completed.

I have prepared this form called frmProgress, and it appears in Access Objects /Forms view along with all the other forms.

The Design view of this text box indicates that it is "Unbound"

When I go to VBA Editor, in the LH column in Project Explorer, there is a folder called MS Office Access Class Objects which contains all the forms. However the new frmProgress is not in there!

When I run code to add a message to the textbox in my new form, there is an error 2450 saying Access can't find the form frmProgress.

Does anyone please have some suggestions on what I am doing wrong, or have neglected to do?

I have included an extract of the codes that I am using. frmTransformer is recognised OK as it is shown in the Class Objects folder in Project Explorer.

Code:
     Dim frmProgress As Form

'hide the form frmTransformer
        If FormInvisible Then
            Form_frmTransformer.Visible = False
        End If

'open progress form
        Forms!frmProgress.Open              <<<<< Error here
        Forms!frmProgress.Visible = True
        Forms!frmProgress.Text2.text = "Hi there"
        DoEvents

Provided Answers: 1
    Hi

Are you using Access Or Excel ??
    there is a folder called MS Office Access Class Objects which contains all the forms. However the new frmProgress is not in there!
    If the form doesn't have a module (ie contain VBA code) it dosn't show in the Objects pain.

For this
    Forms!frmProgress.Open

pehapse you should use
    DoCmd.OpenForm "frmProgress"

??

MTB

Hi Mike, I added some code ( Sub Form)Open, and sure enough the Form appeared in the Class Objects. Thanks for you help on this.

kind regards,
    Jill