Provided Answers: 1

Question Unanswered: Multiple entries within a forms parameter

The database I am currently developing, is extracting customer data from an external source’s. For aesthetic purposes the whole process is driven from forms, the query that is linked to the form, for part of the extraction. Apart from using other criteria linked to the form, the one that is giving me issues is

[Forms]![Report Date Range].[GRP_No]

Where GRP_No is an account number, this is great when entering just one value e.g. 10, but I have discovered that one customer can have several Acc No’s, e.g. 10, 12 & 13. Unfortunately I am stuck withy this format of accounts there is no higher grouping

Is there a way of getting the [GRP_No] field to accept multiple entries

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MarkWhyte
    I have discovered that one customer can have several Acc No’s, e.g. 10, 12 & 13. Unfortunately I am stuck withy this format of accounts there is no higher grouping
    Isn't Customer a higher grouping?

Provided Answers: 1
    I know where you’re coming from; I wish it was that easy, our customer base, through various takeovers, mergers etc..,

For example, if customer “Alpha” = GrpNo 1, takes over customer “Beta” = GrpNo 2, for historic reasons the Customer names are not amended on our system although verbally we now call the two groups “Alpha”, we just run two reports on Grp 1, then Grp 2 and merge together.

Hence I need to enter the multiple numbers in to that “GRP_No” field, from the Form

untried speculation

if your SQL is along the lines of:
    "SELECT this, that FROM here WHERE somefield = " & [Forms]![Report Date Range].[GRP_No]

you might just get away with:
    "SELECT this, that FROM here WHERE somefield IN (" & [Forms]![Report Date Range].[GRP_No] & ")"
    with the GRP_No entered by user as 10, 11, 14, 24

untried ! ! !

izy
    currently using SS 2008R2