Unanswered: How to import dts package from file xxx.dts

Hi,
    i have a dts package file saved as "Structured storage file" (Sql server 2000), now i want to import this file into another server with rundts option or osql. I can't use sql enterprise manager or something like that but only command line tools.

How can i do this?
    Thanks for advice,
    Omar

Provided Answers: 6
    i vaguely remember doing this once or maybe attempting and failing. Through the enterprise manager this is doable, but what you want to do is maybe to look at the sysdtspackages table in the msdb and any related tables. I can not say for certain this will work because it was a while ago.

but come to think of it, I was transfering between 2 instances of sql server directly and not really doing this from a structured storage file, so never mind. Have you tried a google search?
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrasymachus
    I was transfering between 2 instances of sql server directly and not really doing this from a structured storage file, so never mind. Have you tried a google search?
    What i need is to create sql files for create db, restore it and load dts from file for a custom installation on many sql server and execute all with a bat file. i have already done the first and the second step.
    Google didn't answer what i'm exactly looking for

Enterprise Manager - Server Name - Data Transformation Service - right click - Open Package - Find out folder you save .dts - Open it - Then save to the local of new server.
    ZYT

Quote Originally Posted by yitongzhang
    Enterprise Manager - Server Name - Data Transformation Service - right click - Open Package - Find out folder you save .dts - Open it - Then save to the local of new server.
    Exactly what i wont!

Quote Originally Posted by weirdo
    Exactly what i wont!

Thought you said you did not have access to EM ? that you wanted command line tool ?

Quote Originally Posted by PMASchmed
    that you wanted command line tool ?
    Yes, something like osql or dtsrun

http://www.nigelrivett.net/DTS/s_Loa...eToServer.html

Script to load dts package packagename to server servername...